Uniform & Equipment
2014/2015 New Uniform Info
We are proud of our Oak Academy uniform and the smart way in which our students present themselves.
Below is a brief reminder about what our uniform is. If at any time your child is unable to wear full uniform, please inform us of the reasons in writing:
- A white school shirt, which buttons to the neck for the boys, a revere collar white blouse for the girls
- Boys are required to wear a LeAF tie (£3.00 from the Academy)
- A black ‘V’ necked jumper with the Oak Academy logo purchased here.
- Black trousers which need to be tailored (no leggings or tight fitting trousers). Girls are recommended to wear trousers. If they wish to wear a skirt, this should be a knee length school skirt, not tight fitting
- Plain sensible black shoes (no trainers, Ugg boots or backless shoes). Any student arriving at LeAF in inappropriate footwear will be expected to borrow black plimsolls for the day.
- Black, grey or white socks only
- The only jewellery to be worn is a watch, one signet ring and a pair of small stud earings
- Hats, hoods and scarves must not be worn anywhere on the premises
- Extreme hair-cuts (i.e. below Grade 2) / tramlines, coloured hair using unnatural hair colours or blocked two tone hair colours are NOT permitted
- Facial or tongue piercings are NOT permitted
- T-shirts are not to be worn under school shirts or blouses
- No brightly coloured nail varnish, acrylic nails or nails of a length where health and safety becomes an issue
- Students arriving at LeAF without correct uniform may be sent home to rectify it
- If you require clarification about any of these please speak to the Academy Office. We would expect, for example, that ear-piercing would only take place at the beginning of the summer holidays, so that earrings can be removed for PE and Dance when the Autumn term begins.
All exercise books, paper, folders and text books will be provided for your child.
Students will, however, be expected to provide other items of stationery, including pens and pencils for themselves.
As a minimum requirement they will need:-
- 2 black pens
- a pencil
- a ruler
- a rubber
- a pencil sharpener
In addition, it would be extremely useful for them to have:-
- a protractor
- a set square
- a compass
- coloured crayons/felt tips
- a glue stick
- a pocket dictionary
- a pocket calculator