Each year group has their own distinctive, coloured badge embroidered onto their jumpers. The colour which the year group is allocated when they start in year 7 will then follow through and be their colour throughout their time at Oak Academy. For example:
|START DATE||BADGE COLOUR|
Uniform can now be ordered through the Oak Academy Gooddies Online Shop
- Two deliveries per month; cut off dates are on the 15th and 30th of each month;
- Free delivery to school for collection;
- Home delivery option available;
- Excellent quality uniform at competitive prices;
- Track the progress of your order;
- Secure and easy to use web store.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We have provided Oak Academy with an online web store which displays the garments that you normally purchase from us. Parents can then log onto the web store and purchase the uniform that they require and make payment either through PayPal or Sage Pay using credit or debit cards. We will then deliver to the school free of charge in named bags, or direct to parents' home addresses at an extra cost.
We do not hold embroidered stock so we sweep the website twice a month on the 16th and 31st and all orders received before these cut off days will be delivered within 10-15 working days either to the school or home address as requested by each parent. The parents will be able to log in to their account at any time to check the progress of the order and once we have dispatched, we will email them so that they know when the order is due to be delivered.
Parents have 14 days in which to return any items for a refund and must reorder through the web store. Items must be in their original condition, unwashed and with no name tags applied. Parents must return the items with a copy of the packing slip or proof of purchase at their own cost. We recommend a parent obtains proof of postage. Refunds can take between 5-7 days to process.
We will provide the school with pre-paid bags and a returns form for parents to fill out, to return any items found to be faulty.
The school can return using the prepaid bag, if the parent has proof of purchase and is within a 2 month period of purchase. Gooddies will then inspect the garment and contact the parent with our findings.
If at any time your child is unable to wear full uniform, please inform us of the reasons in writing; below is a brief reminder of what our uniform is:
- A white school shirt, which buttons to the neck for the boys, a revere collar white blouse for the girls;
- Boys are required to wear a LeAF tie (£3.00 from the Academy);
- A black ‘V’ necked jumper with the Oak Academy logo; no hoodies or sweatshirts to be worn at any time;
- Black trousers which need to be tailored (no leggings or tight fitting trousers). Girls are recommended to wear trousers. If they wish to wear a skirt, this should be a knee length school skirt, not tight fitting;
- Plain sensible black shoes, all black trainers; NO Ugg boots or backless shoes. Any student arriving at LeAF in inappropriate footwear will be expected to borrow black plimsolls for the day;
- Black, grey or white socks only;
- The only jewellery to be worn is a watch, one signet ring and a pair of small stud earrings;
- Hats, hoods and scarves must not be worn anywhere on the premises;
- Extreme hair-cuts (i.e. below Grade 2) / tramlines, coloured hair using unnatural hair colours or blocked two tone hair colours are NOT permitted;
- Facial or tongue piercings are NOT permitted;
- T-shirts are not to be worn under school shirts or blouses;
- No brightly coloured nail varnish, acrylic nails or nails of a length where health and safety becomes an issue;
- Students arriving at LeAF without correct uniform may be sent home to rectify it.
- If you require clarification about any of these please speak to the Academy Office. We would expect, for example, that ear-piercing would only take place at the beginning of the Summer Holidays, so that earrings can be removed for PE and Dance when the Autumn term begins.
Ethnic variations, religious clothing and symbols
Appropriate consideration is given, where feasible and desired, for pupils with special dress or religious observance requirements or needs because of religious or cultural background. The wearing of a headscarf or hijab, for religious reasons, is permitted. These should be short and in keeping with our school uniform, therefore black or navy with no designs, logos or sequins. Garments covering the face or whole body, eg. the abaya and niqab, are not permitted.