Welcome to secondary School. For you and your child, this will be a very different education experience from primary School. The following information and advice will be useful in this transition to LeAF as it is our intention to make this year a positive experience in every way.
Organisation and Staffing
In Year 7, students are organised into tutor groups in order to look after their needs in terms of personal and social development, as well as academic progress. Your child’s Personal Tutor will be your first point of contact should you have any concerns about how your child is settling at Oak Academy.
The Personal Tutors for Year 7 are:
- Mr B King
- Mrs N Argent
- Mr D Beck
- Mr C Beeton
- Miss M Bower
Other staff who will be involved in caring for and supporting your child are:
- Key Stage 3 Vice Principal - Mrs E Biles
- Year 7 Leader - Mr Stephens (01202 022085)
Mr Stephens supports the Vice Principal with behavioural progress
- Key Stage 3 Manager – Mrs S Newman (01202 022085)
Mrs Newman look after the day-to-day student welfare and should be contacted should your child be too ill to attend school.
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator – Mr S Linsley (01202 774612)
Mr Linsley has an overview of all the students in Year 7 with special educational needs and deals with situations where students require additional intervention and support.
- Curriculum Area Leaders – these teachers can be contacted by phoning the main switchboard on 01202 774600 if you have any concerns about your child’s learning in a specific subject.
|Art & Design||Mrs L Hart|
|English||Miss M Bower|
|Humanities||Mr D Collins|
|Comp Science||Mrs A Munn|
|Maths||Ms K Price|
|MFL||Miss K Trott|
|Music||Miss T Dulston|
|PE||Mr M Pretty|
|Performing Arts||Miss T Dulston|
|Science||Mr F Hampson|