Teacher: Miss Gover
Autumn term: Your child will be studying and focusing on:
- Creating a number of dishes to allow students to develop foundational skills.
- Working with different ingredients and materials to increase their knowledge and understanding of the properties of food.
- Overview the different job roles and employment opportunities within the industry.
- Exploring many facets of the industry looking and a wide range of topics from hygiene and safety, staffing and uniform and costing and portion control.
Spring term : Your child will be studying and focusing on:
- Exploring different types of service.
- Menu planning and food preparation and presentation for an event.
- Communication and team work.
- Group planning for a hospitality event as a trial run for coursework.
Your child will be studying and focusing on:
- Group planning and running of a hospitality event as a trial run for coursework.
- Trailing different recipes for an event.
- Preparation of meals for specific groups – elderly, vegan, vegetarian, athletes and children.
- Adapting popular recipes for healthy eating.
Useful A & D websites:
getrevising.co.uk › GCSE › Design & Technology: Food Technology
Contact the Art & Design Department
Phone: 01202 774623