Login

Art & Design

GCSE Art
Teacher: Mrs Gaffney / Ms Short

The Art & Design GCSE course is made up of coursework worth 40% of their total grade and controlled assessment making up the remaining 60%.

Year 10 is primarily spent learning and experimenting with techniques and applying these to projects in preparation for their controlled assessment.

Autumn term: Cubism

Your child will be studying and focusing on:

  • Producing still life studies
  • Studying the work of Cubist artists including Braque and Gris
  • Developing painting skills
  • Developing colour mixing techniques
  • Graded shading
  • Collage

Spring term :

Your child will be studying and focusing on:

  • Working with oil and soft pastels
  • Developing cubist style work
  • Creating a cubist painting
  • Producing a cubist collage

Summer term:

Your child will be studying and focusing on:

  • Refining art techniques and processes
  • Producing studies for final project piece
  • Creating final piece of art work

Useful A & D websites:

www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize

Contact the Art & Design  Department

Phone: 01202 774623
Email: lhart@oak.bournemouth.sch.uk

Drop-Ins and Parents’ Evening & Other Important Dates:

Monday 16 June to Friday 20 June – Activities Week